Responsibilities and Authorities:
The responsibilities and authorities stated below are subject to established policies.
- Answer calls and create tickets to resolve or escalate
- Monitor Backup offerings and escalate alerts
- Reconcile licensing for Cloud Service offerings
- Troubleshoot, monitor, and maintain client computers and desktop applications
- Support current Windows operating systems (XP through Windows 10)
- Support current Microsoft Office Suites
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate internal channel
- Desktop imaging and building for customers
- Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to translate complex technical terms and concepts into layman’s terms
- Some weekend work may be required on occasion, so must have ability to occasionally work remotely updating servers
- Reports to the Cloud Services Team Supervisor
- Interfaces with Sales / Project Engineers / Rapid Response Engineers / Cloud Service Specialists / Cloud Services Team Supervisor / Cloud Services Manager
- Frequent, daily interaction with SBS customer base
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a technical support role
- Current Microsoft Desktop Certification highly preferred. Excellent communication skills required.
- Experience with current Windows operating systems (XP through Windows 10) required.
- Ability to remotely configure Smartphones to various email systems preferred.
- Experience with local and network printers preferred.
- Basic administration of Windows servers preferred.
- LAN/WAN and basic network troubleshooting and problem solving preferred.
- Familiarity with email server and spam filtering technology preferred.
- Must have exceptional communications skills.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and work well in a team environment
- Ability to work remotely as needed
Certifications and Requirements to Acquire Next Grade Level:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a technical support role
- 3 Certifications from approved list
- 98% rating on Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Experience with Project and Deployment work
- Recommendation from Cloud Services Team Supervisor or Cloud Services Manager